Sunday, October 9, 2011

Mr. Non-stop

I had a bit of a headache yesterday afternoon. After plopping the kids into bed for their naps, my husband suggested that we take advantage of the calm and indulge in a nap ourselves. After twisting my arm into a pretzel I agreed with him and snuggled up with him in bed. It took an agonizing 78 seconds for me to fall asleep.
I woke up about an hour and a half later to the sound of a chainsaw. I was blissfully in that half sleep state when I realized Dave was no longer next to me and the chainsaw sounded much closer than our nearest neighbor.
Sometime after the 78 seconds it took me to fall asleep, my husband snuck out of the house, cut down a tree, a big tree, and was in the process of burning it along with other yard waste.

The man amazes me. He can get more done on a Saturday afternoon than I can all week.
Dave, I love you.



No comments: